They say money can’t buy happiness, but money can buy books, and that’s almost the same thing, right? It’s fun to dream about winning the lottery or stumbling into a surprise inheritance. Here’s how I’d spend my money (in a very bookish way!)
If I had unlimited funds . . .
- I would build a new home featuring a large library. I imagine white floor to ceiling bookshelves, a rolling ladder, and a reading nook with natural lighting and a fireplace.
- I would travel to book signings and book meetups, radiating bookish glee in my adventures.
- I would donate money to my local library, because everyone should have the opportunity to be surrounded by books.
- I would double my reading, because work wouldn’t be mandatory.
- I would quit my job and volunteer at the library and the animal shelter.
- I would buy every edition of my favorite books.
- . . . Who am I kidding? I would buy all the books.
- I would travel all over the world with my husband and kids, reading my way across the countries.
- I would buy books to donate to underfunded schools.
If money was unlimited, how would you spend it?