I was nominated by the lovely Kristyn over at The Bibliophile Empress a while back, so I’m playing catch up! She has a great blog with great content, so I highly recommend checking it out! Thanks for the nomination, Kristyn!
For this nomination there are 4 rules to follow:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or blog.
Here are my answers to Kristyn’s questions:
1.) Why did you start your blog?
Great question! I started my blog because I wanted to share my love for reading and all things bookish.
2.) What is your dream profession? If you already work in it, what is it?
I definitely don’t have my dream profession currently–far from it, in fact. My dream job is to work in a library. Being surrounded by books all day sounds like heaven.
3.) What are your 2018 goals? Have you completed any yet?
My top goal for 2018 is to find a new job within my company. It hasn’t happened yet, but I’m working towards it. I also set a Goodreads goal of reading 75 books in 2018, and I’m nicely progressing towards that goal.
4.) What are some hobbies you do?
Reading. Reading. And oh yeah . . . reading? Outside of reading, I also enjoy hiking and playing tennis.
5.) What is your favorite candy?
I’m not a huge candy person, but I do enjoy the occasional Twix or Reeses. Chocolate is a candy, right?
6.) What is your favorite book?
I don’t have one favorite book, but my favorite books are all written by Sarah J. Maas.
7.) Who is your favorite author?
Sarah J. Maas, hands down.
8.) What is a show that you have loved so much that you binge watched it?
Game of Thrones.
9.) What is a movie that scared the heck out of you? Has there been one?
I’m a baby when it comes to scary movies and tend to avoid them at all costs. Scream is the last scary movie I watched that scared me.
10.) What are some of your biggest fears?
Car crashes, drowning, suffocating . . .
11.) What are some problems or obstacles that you’ve faced with your blog? What are you hoping to achieve with your blog?
Organic growth has been the biggest obstacle I’ve faced with my blog, but social media has helped a ton with that. I’m hoping to continue to grow my blog and reach a wider audience!
Here are the blogs I nominate:
- Rambles of a Reader
- The Mortal Jessica
- Kristin Kraves Books
- Turning the Pages
- In Love and Words
- Kelly’s Rambles
- Beyond the Stars
- Merline Reads
- Nose Stuck in a Book
- Jasmine’s Reading
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
- What do you like the most about having a blog?
- What do you like the least about having a blog?
- Do you prefer short books, or long books? Why?
- What was the last non-fiction book that you read?
- How much time do you spend reading each day/week?
- Which author would you most like to meet?
- Where do you spend the most time reading? Describe the setting.
- What book release are you looking forward to the most in 2018?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your dream vacation?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?