Everyone has reading quirks! Here are some of mine:
- I have a hard time reading if it’s not absolutely quiet. Like, dead quiet. So no music, television, or kids running around for me! Needless to say, I do most of my reading at night, once the kids are in bed.
- I finish every book I start. I can’t leave a book unfinished, no matter how dreadful.
- When there’s a book I really want to read, I try to avoid reading about it. I don’t want anything spoiled!
- I prefer reading on my Kindle. I recently read a paperback book and hated it! I love reading in dim lighting and still being able to see the words.
- I usually read lying on the couch or in bed.
- If I don’t know what a word means, I have to look it up. I can’t gloss past it not knowing what it means.
- I’m a slow reader (I think?). I take my time reading each book, savoring every page.
- Guilty–I judge books by their covers! If the cover doesn’t appeal to me, I probably won’t read it. Exceptions are made when there are rave reviews.
- I keep a detailed spreadsheet (with charts and graphs!) outside of my Goodreads account. I love stats and enjoy seeing my numbers change with every new book.
- 25% of the books I read are non-fiction, and I make a point to keep it at that ratio.