I absolutely adore reading and always have. Why do I love to read?
- Reading enables you to meet new people. I love meeting new characters, connecting with them, and getting to know them.
- Reading allows you to travel the world. Whether I’m reading a book set in China or Chicago, reading let’s me travel the world from the comfort of my sofa.
- Reading provides an escape from reality. Reading lets me forget all of my stressors as I immerse myself in a book.
- Reading is relaxing. A drink by my side, cat in my lap, snuggly blanket in place, and a book in my hand is my definition of relaxing.
- Reading teaches me new things. Right around 25% of the books I read are non-fiction. I love to learn new things!
- Reading is for everyone. I love that reading is for everyone–young and old, rich and poor. Reading does not discriminate.
- Reading is a hobby that can be taken everywhere. On a train, on a plane, on a bus, in a park . . . I can take a book with me wherever I go! You can’t say that about every pastime.
- Reading is something I can share with my children. While I can’t force my children to be bookworms, I can certainly share my love of reading with them!
Why do you love to read?